Participation in sports training, seminars, and / or open workouts for all participants, students, and staff of Horizon Sports and Fitness involves a certain degree of risk for injuries and sudden illnesses. Participation in sports may involve contact with others, and may result in the following categories of injury. These include, but may not be limited to:
- cuts, scrapes, bruises & blisters
- muscle, bone, joint and hernia injuries
- teeth damage
- sprains, breaks and tear of the muscles, tendons and ligaments
- other injuries that may arise from this type of activity
Most people do not require a medical evaluation before starting a moderate exercise program. However, individuals with cardiovascular disease, men over 40 and women over 50 years of age with several cardiovascular risk factors (family history, cigarette smoking, high blood pressure, elevated blood cholesterol, diabetes, physical inactivity) who are considering vigorous activity should have a medical evaluation before beginning the program. Those people with other health concerns should also consult with their physicians before beginning an exercise program.
It is the participant’s responsibility to provide for his or her medical and accident coverage, HSF does not provide direct medical and accident coverage.
The purpose of this WARNING is to bring your attention to the existence of potential dangers associated with participation in this activity. In addition there is always the risk of other types of injuries or the risk of injury or death resulting from other causes not specified here.
The purpose of this WARNING is also to assist you in making an informed decision as to whether you (or your child/ward) should participate in this activity and accordingly, whether you should sign the following ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF HAZARDS, RISKS, AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR INJURY WAIVER. In addition, the purpose of this WARNING is to make you aware that as a participant in this activity, it is your responsibility to learn about and /or inquire of knowledgeable persons about any concerns that you might have at any time regarding safety.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF HAZARDS, RISKS, AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR INJURY WAIVER
- I have read the above WARNING and I understand that by participating (or by permitting my child/ward to participate) in this
activity, I am (my child/ward is) subject to the POSSIBILITY OF INJURY OR DEATH as outlined in the WARNING above.
- I willingly agree to obey coaches and staff in all ways, and it is understood and agreed that HORIZON SPORTS AND STAFF, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES ARISING FROM TRAINING SESSIONS.
- The student understands that there is a risk of personal injury involved in said course of instruction, and in the sports activities and with this knowledge agrees to indemnify and save harmless Horizon Sports and staff from all injuries, losses, and damages caused by accident or injury to the student or to the third person who may be a student of the school, in the event that either the student or said third person is injured in any way during the performance and execution of martial arts instructions. Because of the physical demands of this sport activity, the player understands that he or she must be in good physical condition to participate in said instruction and hereby certifies that he or she is in good physical condition.
- I fully understand that I am fully responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property of mine while participating at HS event.
- By SIGNING this ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF HAZARDS, RISKS, AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR INJURY WAIVER, I acknowledge that I have read and understood it’s contents and that I choose to participate (to permit my child/ward to
participate) in this activity at Horizon Sports or their remote facilities.